INFECTION CONTROL SERVICES
Our services are aimed at both offices and retail premises which are currently not being used due to lockdown and where there is an ideal opportunity to prepare them for the safe return of workers.
While it is believed that infected surfaces can see a vast reduction of the virus after 72 hours, there are no conclusive studies that have conclusively confirmed that the infection particles will completely die for up to 28 days and possibly longer.
We are offering this service to a wide range of clients who are classified as keyworkers and currently working and using premises and vehicles to carry out their essential services to keep us all going. It is also aimed at proprietors and managers who may be worried about the continuous risk of infection to their premises as well as vehicles; in particular, vehicles which may need regular sanitizing such as food lorries which are working 24/7 and, in some cases, using numerous drivers.
At this present time, we are referring of course to COVID-19 (known as SARS-COV2 when it has left the human body and transferred onto surfaces), but it is applicable to other coronaviruses and infections.
How can COVID-19 and other viruses be avoided?
Our current understanding of COVID-19 and other coronaviruses is that they are most commonly spread through close contact. Being physically near (or within six feet of) an infected person puts someone at the greatest risk of infection.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), transmission occurs via respiratory droplets. Droplets can land on surfaces or objects and consequently be transferred by touch. Current evidence suggests that the novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on a surface, depending on its material.
Regular cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces are therefore advised. For best practices, visibly dirty surfaces should be cleaned with water and regular soap or detergent prior to disinfection to inactivate SARS-COV2 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.
Towards the late Summer and early Autumn of 2020, manufacturers began to develop and tweak their disinfection formulas. They have created disinfectants that have been tested and approved to kill SARS-COV2 (the virus left on surfaces by someone who has contracted COVID-19).
Excellence is now working with one specific product that uses ‘fogging’ as part of the infection control process to achieve a kill rate of six, i.e., 99.9999% within three seconds. This product has been lab-tested independently to verify this.
How can Excellence Clean help?
At Excellence Floorcare, we provide ongoing support to clients by way of regular cleaning schedules and additional services to supplement regular cleaning with annual or bi-annual one-off deep cleans.
By Reviewing your Cleaning Schedule
- Maintain BICS Standards within your organization.
- All Excellence staff are advised to ensure the correct color coding and to maintain optimal standards.
- Consider the frequency of cleans, particularly of sanitary ware and high-touch surfaces.
- Provide deep cleans, disinfection cleans, or simply adjust schedules to ensure there is enough time to go over and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Use chemicals that kill bacteria and other organisms that cause disease; thorough cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces are essential.
- Ensure your current cleaning hours allow enough time for cleaning as well as the additional time to disinfect all surfaces.
- If Excellence is your current cleaning contractor, staff have been advised to thoroughly disinfect frequently touched surfaces but, in some cases, extra time may be necessary. Should that be the case, or you wish to review your hours, please seek our advice.
- If Excellence is not your current cleaning contractor, we can offer you free advice and provide you with a quote.
By Providing a One-off Deep Clean and Disinfection Service
In the event of a confirmed outbreak of COVID-19 on your premises, The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) recommends a three-phased deep clean, involving initial disinfection to protect the operative, followed by cleaning and finally re-disinfecting.
- Using the correct PPE.
- Isolation of the area to be deep cleaned.
- Surface disinfection, paying special attention to touchpoints and any areas considered high-risk.
- Thorough clean of the area in line with BICSc Standards.
- Clinical re-disinfection of the area.
- Disinfection of any machinery and equipment.
- Correct disposal of contaminated materials and PPE.
- Disinfect, clean, and disinfect again!
For domestic premises, cleaning an area with normal household disinfectant after someone has tested positive for COVID-19 will reduce the risk of passing the infection to others. Where possible, isolate and secure the area for 72 hours before cleaning as the amount of virus present on surfaces will have significantly reduced in this time.
Get in Touch
This information is provided using Government advice and we hope it is helpful to you. If we can be of assistance by providing a One-Off Deep Clean or a Post Deep Clean of your premises in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19, please contact us for more information on 01904 200205 or email [email protected].